Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This frozen torte is often my choice to make & take to potluck suppers. It's fast, easy & delicious, says Betty Reuter
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Taste of Home Test Kitchen Favorites
- 10 – 12 servings
- 1¼ cup chocolate wafer crumbs, about 24 wafers, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- In bowl, combine 1 cup wafer crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press onto bottom and 1" up sides of greased 9" spring-form pan; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and syrup until smooth.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; add to cream cheese.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Cover; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove side of pan.
- Garnish with coffee beans if desired.
Sometimes Betty substitutes cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies for chocolate wafer crumbs. If you do this, omit sugar in crust.