Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 prepared graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet lime gelatin
- 1 cup liquid margarita mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 drops green food coloring
- ⅓ cup tequila
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- lime slices for garnishing
- Place graham cracker crust in freezer while making filling.
- Place water in a bowl and microwave on high until boiling.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl whisk margarita mix, sugar, food coloring and tequila until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in gelatin mixture until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1½ cups of the whipped topping.
- Whisk the remaining topping into the margarita mixture for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill 3 hours.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and let set for 10 minutes then spoon reserve topping into center of pie.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve.