- Divide into several 1 cup servings and freeze to be used as needed.
- (Any time we buy bananas and 1 or 2 get beyond our preference, I just peel the banana, cut it in 3-4 pieces and place in a container in the freezer.)
- (Any ripe fruit or fruit salad that may have lost some visual appeal also place in container in freezer.
- I use 1 container as a fruit catchall.
- If my son doesn't finish an Apple and it gets slightly brown or if I make a huge summer fruit salad and the next day it doesn't look very pretty I freeze it or make fruit pops or smoothies today.)
- Tupperware popsicle molds or small paper cups and popsicle sticks
- The day you wish to make these, take your blender out, a small container of yogurt and the ripe frozen fruit from the freezer.
- Break the yogurt into 2-4 pieces with a knife - be careful. Place in blender.
- Add some pineapple juice and blend. (Add enough liquid to your own preference.)
- Place 4-6 chunks of frozen banana or less banana with some other fruit.
- I've even added applesauce. Add more pineapple juice if necessary.
- Spin it together.
- Fill up popsicle molds first.
- Serve the rest as a nutritious smoothie.