- 2 cups melted shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- Brazil nuts, filberts or almonds
- Mix ingredients in the order given, sifting all the dry ingredients together before adding.
- Mold in long rolls or pack in a deep pan like a bread pan and roll in clean cloth.
- Let stand in a cold place until hard.
- Slice thinly.
- Bake in a moderate oven (380 – 390°F) Until a golden brown.
A roll may be kept indefinitely in a cold place. These cookies are excellent to keep on hand, especially when the dough can be kept out of doors in cold weather. In case of an emergency they are easily brought in and quickly baked. Nuts in these cookies are very attractive when put in whole.