Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- ½ cup toasted almonds finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate grated
- Whisk sugar and yolks in medium bowl until thick.
- Bring cream to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Gradually whisk hot cream into yolk mixture.
- Return mixture to same saucepan and stir over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add chocolate to hot custard and stir until melted and smooth.
- Mix in amaretto then cover and freeze at least 3 hours.
- Using 1 tablespoonful mixture per truffle shape mixture into rounds.
- Roll some rounds in almonds and some in chocolate.
- Arrange in single layer in waxed paper lined container.