Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 drops almond extract
- fresh mint and additional blackberries
- In a blender or food processor process blackberries until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add sugar then allow to stand for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream and extract until soft peaks form then fold into berry mixture.
- Pour into freezer safe bowl that has been lined with plastic wrap then cover and freeze overnight.
- Turn out onto a serving plate about 1 hour before serving then return to the freezer.
- Before serving garnish with mint and blackberries then cut into wedges.