Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Colombian conch fritters
- 2 cups conch meat, pounded, chopped fine (or substitute clams)
- ¼ cup onions, grated
- ¼ cup olives, ripe, chopped fine
- 4 tsp pimento, chopped fine
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp tarragon
- 3 dash habanero hot sauce
- 1 habanero chile, stemmed, minced
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- ½ cup flour, all-purpose, sifted
- 1 egg, well beaten
- oil, olive—for frying
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the baking powder, flour, egg, and olive oil and set aside.
- In another bowl, sift the baking powder and flour together and mix with the egg.
- Add the first mixture to the egg mixture, stir well, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the oil in a frying pan and bring up to 380°F.
- Carefully drop dough balls into the oil and cook until brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.