- 1½ cups onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp salt
- 6 California avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1½ cups kalamata, coarsely chopped
- 1⅓ cups roasted red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
Just before service Edit
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, oregano and salt; reserve.
- Cut avocado in ½-inch dice; gently toss with lemon juice.
- In a well-greased counter pan (12" x 20" x 2"), evenly scatter avocado, cheese, roasted pepper and sautéed onion over bottom of pan.
- Gently pour reserved egg mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325 °F until frittata is almost firm in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Cool; cut into 16 pieces, 3" x 5".
Alternate cooking method Edit
- Frittata can be baked in two well-greased frying pans (10 to 12-inch).
- Reduce time to about 35 minutes.