Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peruvian Pickled Black Beans
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 ancho chiles, seeded and crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- Cook beans in lightly salted simmering water until tender, about one hour.
- Meanwhile, bring the onions to a boil in enough salted water to cover.
- As they reach a boil, remove from heat, drain, and add to a small non-reactive bowl with the vinegar.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonreactive skillet.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and ancho and stir, cooking for three minutes or so.
- Add the drained beans, onions, and vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook for five minutes.
- Refrigerate or serve hot, garnished with chopped eggs or olives.