Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Italian fried strawberries
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ripe strawberries and cleaned
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sweet liqueur (any)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brandy
- powdered sugar
- Mix the sugar with the liqueur, and add the berries.
- Mix well, and let sit for about one hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and butter.
- Add the egg, and brandy.
- Add enough milk to make a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg white until stiff, and then fold this into the batter.
- Heat the oil to 375°F.
- Dip the berries into the batter, and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve.