Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 150g/+5oz cottage cheese,
- 3 eggs
- 100g/4oz Self Raising flour
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
- For the syrup
- 225g/8oz granulated sugar
- 240ml/8fl.oz. water
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- Place cottage cheese and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour beating well
- Preheat the oil until hot.
- Shape the dough mixture into balls with a spoon and fry in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp. You will probably have to do this in batches.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring then continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- To serve – transfer the balls to a serving dish and drizzle the syrup over the top.