Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Eggplant recipe will create 4 delicious servings.
- 1 (9-inch) Eggplant (about 3 inches wide; 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 lb ground Pork (not lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- Cut off the bottom inch and a half of the Eggplants and throw away.
- Cut just shy of all the way through Eggplant creating a pocket. repeat seven times.
- Mix Pork, scallion, ginger, soy sauce, and salt in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to each pocket.
- Heat oil in skillet to 360 degrees.
- Mix together flour, eggs, and water until smooth.
- Dip Eggplants into the batter and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until Eggplants are golden.