Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cut headed, eviscerated, scaled shad into ½ inch strips and rinse strips.
- Coat strips in corn meal.
- Fill fryer with peanut oil.
- Heat oil to 365°F.
- Place shad strips in the fryer.
- Fry until cooked: shad strips float, are brown and minimum 145°F.