Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Peel plantain by making 2 incisions on opposite sides of the plantain skin and then peel.
- Slice the plantains into 2 in the middle (width not length - like breaking a banana in 2).
- Cut up both pieces of plantains into 1/4 inch slices longways.
- Heat skillet filled with just enough oil to cover the 1/4 inch slices.
- Fry plantain slices until golden brown on each side.
- Each slice needs about 45 seconds to a minute to cook.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Place cooked plantain in a dish layered with napkins so as to drain/soak up the oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg to taste.