Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Friganele de mamaliga
- 1 lb / ½ kg cornmeal
- ¾ qt / ¾ l water
- ¾ qt / ¾ l milk
- 2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- additional butter
- grated Parmesan
- sour cream
- There are two options here.
- Either make a rather hard boiled polenta, slice it and then fry the slices in hot oil.
- Serve with whipped dry beans or peas.
- Or, make a rather soft polenta with the cornmeal and equal quantities of water and milk.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix well.
- Then pour the polenta on a wet wooden cutting board.
- When the polenta is cold, cut it in diamonds.
- Fry in hot butter, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with sour cream and pickled vegetables.