Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Peel the plantain and cut off both ends.
- Thinly slice the plantain into ¼ - ½ inch rounds.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat keeping a close watch on it.
- Once the oil sizzles when a slice of plantain is added, add several plantain slices and brown them for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer them to towels to drain the excess oil.
- On a cutting board, use a rolling pin to flatten each slice into a flat round.
- Add the flattened rounds into the oil once again and brown on each side for a minute more on each side.
- Drain again on the towels, add salt and pepper and serve at once.