- Serves 4 to 6
- Cooking time: 1½ hours
- 1½ tablespoons ground rice
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 1½ tablespoons grated onions
- 2 large overripe plantains
- ½ cup cooking oil, or palm oil
- ½ tablespoon flour
- Aboboi (stewed beans)
- Soak ground rice in water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Mash plantains in a large mixing bowl till smooth and stir in ground rice and flour.
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, and onions; beat well.
- Set aside for 30 to 40 minutes to season.
- Grease skillet and fry spoonfuls of mixture (as for pancakes).
- Golden-brown both sides and serve warm with aboboi.