- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp capers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- A few sprigs of cilantro
- First of all, pat the cheese dry with paper towels.
- Then, using a sharp knife, slice it into eight slices, including the ends.
- Now dredge in seasoned flour.
- Prepare the dressing by simply beating all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- When you're ready to serve the halloumi, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is really hot add cheese to the hot skillet—they take 1 minute on each side to cook, so by the time the last one's in, it will almost be time to turn the first one over.
- They need to be a good golden color on each side.
- Serve them on warmed plates with the dressing poured over and garnished with the cilantro sprigs.