- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 125 grams kasseri cheese or other hard, salty ]]goats' [[cheese
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and in this saute the garlic until it is lightly browned.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Cut the cheese into squares about 5 centimeters on each side and about 1 centimeter thick.
- Place the slices in the hot oil and cook, turning once, until the exterior of the cheese is almost but not fully melted.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve hot as an appetizer, garnished with lemon wedges.