Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Make the Filling:
- 1 pound of lean ground Beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 scallion onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- green olives (if desired)
- Add salt to taste (Argentina food tends to use more salt)
- 1/2 cup of boiling water or broth
Finishing the Empanada:
- 1/2 cup of lard
- Prepared empanada filling
- Prepared empanada dough
- Mix the flour and lard togther.
- Mix the egg thoroughly with a fork (or a mixer).
- Stir the egg in to the flour and lard mixture. Mix it in to a dough.
- Begin to add the water slowly, one spoonful at a time. Continue until you have a soft dough.
- Knead the dough until it is soft and elasticy.
- Let the dough sit for 25-35min.
- Cook the onions until they turn brown.
- Add the ground Beef to the onions, stir until it changes color.
- Add diced scallions, paprika and boiling (broth or water).
- Stir until the food forms a thick mixture.
- Remove from fire and let cool.
- Add chopped green olives, and thinly diced hard boiled eggs.
- Heat the lard in a large iron pan or skillet.
- Roll the empanada dough out flat. This can be done on any non-wood surface.
- Cut the dough into circles, a small soup bowl can help with the cutting.
- Add 1 abundant tablespoon of filling to each circle of dough.
- You are going to close the dough around the filling. Wet the edges with water and then press with your fingers to seal the empanada.
- Place the sealed empanadas in the hot iron pan and fry until lightly browned.