Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- new blossoms on short stems
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- hot cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1 c. flour
- pinch of pepper
2. Cut off the stem ends close to the flower heads, leaving only enough to hold the petals together, because the stems and greenery are bitter.
3. Roll the Dandelion flowers in paper towels to blot up the excess moisture, then dip each one in a batter made of 1 egg, beaten, with 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
4. Drop the batter-coated blossoms into deep hot fat (375 degrees) and fry until lightly browned.
5. Drain on absorbent paper;
6. Sprinkle with more salt, if needed, and serve at once as a hot hors d'oeuvre.