Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lbs country ham, sliced . brewed
- ¾ cup strong coffee, freshly
- Cut off a strip of fat from the outside rim of the ham, leaving a portion of the fat intact.
- Cut the strip of fat into small cubes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the fat remaining on the ham at intervals down to the meat.
- Put the cubed fat into a skillet, preferably of black cast iron, and cook, stirring, until the fat is rendered.
- Scoop out and discard the rendered pieces of fat.
- Add the ham slice to the skillet and fry until nicely browned on one side.
- Turn the slice and continue frying until brown and cooked through.
- I remove the ham slice.
- Pour the coffee into the skillet and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Cut the ham slice into 2 to 4 pieces and serve the gravy on the side, to be poured over grits and/or spooned over the ham pieces.