- Clean, wash and cut the bird lengthwise along the breast.
- Spread out the bird and rub it with crushed garlic and salt on both sides.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and when hot put in the bird and cover with a flat lid.
- Put a heavy weight on the lid to keep the bird pressed flat to the bottom of the skillet.
- Fry until golden brown, turn it over and cook over medium heat for another 30 minutes.
- This fried chicken may be served with or without a garnishing.
- If garnishing is desired, serve fried potatoes, tomatoes, boiled rice, cucumbers, etc.
- Separately pass a tart tomato or walnut sauce.