Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4.
- 8 small catfish fillets
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt, and also ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flat beer
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced fine
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- In a large bowl, add eggs and beat.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Add cornmeal and beer, a little at a time while whisking lightly.
- Batter should be a little lumpy.
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Lightly fold in remaining ingredients.
- Dust fish with seasoned flour and then batter to coat.
- Place in hot oil (375 °F to 400 °F) until brown and crispy, about three to four minutes.
- While fish are frying, prepare tartar sauce.
- Plate will have some prepared coleslaw and lemon wedges.
- Place fish on plate, place ramekin of tartar sauce on plate and garnish with fresh cilantro.