- oil, as needed, for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- dried apples or fresh Apples, sliced and confectioners' Sugar, for dusting, if desired
- Mix eggs, baking powder, Sugar and salt. Add oil and milk and stir well. Mix in flour, one cup at a time. Knead well until smooth.
- Divide the dough into ten pieces. Roll out each piece into a circle of dough. Place two to three heaping tablespoons of dried or fresh Apple slices in center of each round. Fold over and crimp edges with a fork. Deep fry until golden brown in pre-heated p an of oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.