Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Barilla
- 4 – 6 servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups red onions, julienne
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) box Barilla™ angel hair
- ½ cup parmigiano cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Heat olive oil in lg skillet.
- Sauté onions over med heat about 10 min.
- Add tomatoes, basil and 1 cup water and simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer 5 – 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain and toss with ½ the sauce and parmigiano cheese.
- Adjust seasonings and allow pasta to cool.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan.
- Add pasta and fry until bottom is golden brown and crispy.
- Invert onto plate or cutting board.
- Return pasta to pan to cook other side.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Pour reserved sauce over pasta cake and serve.