- 1 tsp butter
- 1 lb Asiago or Parmesan freshly grated
- Melt the butter to just coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle a fine layer of grated Cheese
- Cook over medium heat until it has melted and formed a light crust, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Continue to cook the Cheese until the edges set and a golden crust develops, about 1/2 minute.
- Carefully lift and turn the layer of Cheese with a spatula and cook until lightly golden on the second side, about 1/2 minute.
- Remove the Frico from the pan and either set it flat on a paper towel, shape it over an inverted custard cup.