Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From The Evening Sun, August 29, 1990
- Makes four servings of 170 calories each.
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup minced leeks
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tbsp light cream or milk
- Place the chicken in a 9-inch glass pie dish and cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Microcook on high until the chicken is cooked through, about 4½ to 5 minutes, stopping to stir midway.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and drain off any liquid.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, leeks, stock, bay leaves, and oil in the same dish.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap and microcook on high for 2 to 2½ minutes, stirring once midway.
- Immediately stir in the basil and cream or milk and let stand for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve hot in shallow bowls.
- Note: at this time the sauce (everything but the chicken and bay leaves) can be whirled for a few seconds in a blender before being poured over the chicken. This isn't necessary, but it does make a more attractive, blended sauce.