Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Puréed tomatoes and sauteed zucchini are stewed together into a delicious summertime soup!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: SUSANDON to www.prevention.com
- Hands-On Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 55 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 large tomatoes, cored
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh red chile pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the zucchini and garlic in the skillet until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, onion, and chile pepper, leaving a few small chunks.
- In a large pot, mix the tomato puree and vegetable broth.
- Season with tarragon, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and mix in the zucchini and garlic.
- Cover, and cook 45 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 93 Calories | 44% from fat | 2.4g Protein | 5g Fat | 410mg Sodium | 11.7g Carbs | 2.8g Fiber | 0mg Cholesterol | 1mg Iron | 32mg Calcium