- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, preferably vine-ripened
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallion
- 1 to 2 tbsp seeded, minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 3 tbsp)
- ⅛ tsp salt, or more to taste
- Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Core tomatoes and cut an "X" in bottom of each.
- Plunge into boiling water 30 seconds.
- With slotted spoon, immediately remove to bowl of cold water.
- When cool enough to handle, peel tomatoes.
- Cut each tomato horizontally in half (through equator) and squeeze out seeds.
- Finely dice tomatoes and place in serving bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients along with 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix well.