Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Dallas Morning News Recipe of the Day Mailer
- Yield: 4 portions
- 4 medium-sized fresh tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp powdered mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixture of torn baby lettuces or other bite-sized salad greens
- ½ cup crumbled goat or feta cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz)
- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each tomato and discard; then cut remaining tomatoes into 4 slices each; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and sugar until well blended for dressing.
- In a medium bowl, toss greens with about tablespoon of the dressing.
- On each of 4 plates, place a bottom tomato slice; sprinkle lightly with cheese and greens, repeat layering 3 more times ending with the top tomato slice; drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serve as an appetizer, with grilled beef or chicken, on a salad plate with cheese and fish salad, etc.