Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2½ cups rice cereal
- 1 (3½ -ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, heating until marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in cereal until well-mixed.
- Pat mixture in an oiled 9-inch pie pan. (To help with this process, you will need to rub your hands with a little oil or butter.)
- Beat pudding mix, milk, whipping cream, and extract together at high speed for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture into the cereal crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, wash strawberries and remove the stems. Gently press strawberries stem side down into the cream filling.