Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 x 0.5 ounce (15 g) package sugar-free strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1½ cups (360 ml) boiling water
- 3 cups (498 g) sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups (453 g) plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 x 9-inch (22.5 cm) graham cracker crust
- 8 perfect whole strawberries, washed but not hulled
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Chill until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Chill another 10 minutes.
- Fold in yogurt and pour mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Chill until firm or at least 4 hours.
- To serve, cut into 8 wedges and top each serving with a whole strawberry.
- Serve cold.
Nutritional information Edit
- 177 calories (33% calories from fat) | 6 g protein | 7g total fat (1.6g saturated fat) | 24g carbohydrates | 2g dietary fiber | 1 mg cholesterol | 208 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, ½ fruit) | 1 fat