Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups rhubarb; diced
- 1 pt strawberries
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 tbsp tapioca; quick-cooking
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1 pie dough, enough for 9" pie
- Wash rhubarb, cut away any tough parts and chop into small pieces.
- Slice the strawberries and add to rhubarb.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and add to fruit.
- Blend well and allow to stand for up to 30 minutes to allow sugar to penetrate strawberries.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch pie crust, dot with margarine and cover with second crust.
- Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake in preheated 375 °F oven for 50–55 minutes.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil tented over it during first 30 minutes, removing to allow crust to brown during the last part of baking.
- About 10 minutes before done, brush on warm milk and sprinkle top crust lightly with sugar if desired.