- 3/4 lbs fresh strawberries - top removed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 x egg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 x vanilla bean
- Prepare the vanilla cream first.
- Whisk egg yolks and Sugar until thick and light in color.
- Heat milk and vanilla to almost a boil.
- Very slowly pour 1/4 of the milk into the egg mixture while whisking vigoursly.
- Add the mixture back to the remaining milk in the sauce pot and heat on low, stirring continuously until it becomes thickened. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture through a fine strainer to remove the vanilla bean and any lumps.
- Cool in an ice-water bath, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve: Clean and wash the strawberries. Arrange in glass cups, then pour in the vanilla cream.