This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Legmen Estate in Jacksonville, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 ruby red grapefruit peeled and sectioned
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup raspberry vinaigrette
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon minced serrano
- Tear spinach leaves from stems.
- Wash and dry completely.
- Place in large salad bowl tearing large leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Toss grapefruit sections with spinach.
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, maple syrup and serrano and whisk together or shake in airtight container until salt is dissolved.
- Pour over salad and toss to evenly coat ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped pecans.