Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An excellent fish cake, very similar to the prawn cake I have posted, but of course not as high in cholestrol. You can also try grilling it..if you are concerned about adding on the pounds. Still taste good. I have also tried making them bigger, so that they are like a salmon pattie, and eating it as a burger. YUMMY! If you want to add a little heat to the cake, chop up some spicy hot red chilli and add it to the salmon mixture. From Donna Hay's Cookbook titled "flavours".
- 500 g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons fine cornflour
- 3 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- oil, to shallow fry
Lime dipping sauce Edit
- To make the salmon cakes, remove any bones from the salmon and chop into 5mm (¼ inch) dice.
- Combine the chopped salmon with the egg white, corn flour, lime leaves, ginger, wasabi paste and chopped parsley.
- Mix well.
- Heat 1 cm (½ inch) of oil in frying pan over medium heat, to shallow fry the cakes.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil and cook for 35-45 seconds each side, or till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on kitchen towels, and keep warm in a low oven till you finish cooking up the batter.
- To make the lime dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients.
- Serve the dipping sauce with the warm salmon cakes.