An excellent fish cake, very similar to the prawn cake I have posted, but of course not as high in cholestrol. You can also try grilling it..if you are concerned about adding on the pounds. Still taste good. I have also tried making them bigger, so that they are like a salmon pattie, and eating it as a burger. YUMMY! If you want to add a little heat to the cake, chop up some spicy hot red chilli and add it to the salmon mixture. From Donna Hay's Cookbook titled "flavours".
- 500 g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons fine cornflour
- 3 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- oil, to shallow fry
Lime dipping sauce Edit
- To make the salmon cakes, remove any bones from the salmon and chop into 5mm (¼ inch) dice.
- Combine the chopped salmon with the egg white, corn flour, lime leaves, ginger, wasabi paste and chopped parsley.
- Mix well.
- Heat 1 cm (½ inch) of oil in frying pan over medium heat, to shallow fry the cakes.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil and cook for 35-45 seconds each side, or till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on kitchen towels, and keep warm in a low oven till you finish cooking up the batter.
- To make the lime dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients.
- Serve the dipping sauce with the warm salmon cakes.