Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Veggies for sauté Edit
Soup base Edit
- Turn broiler on high, adjust rack to 3" wash and half all the roasting veggies and place cut side up in deep roasting pan.
- Prepare garlic to roast by cutting off top and slightly exposing each clove and toss in with veggies.
- Drizzle light with olive oil,and sprinkle scantly with raw sugar.
- Place under broiler to roast 20 minutes or until everything becomes blistered and black.
- You may need to adjust rack and time,or do in batches removing and replacing veggies as needed.
- Discard liquid from pan, pop out garlic clove and puree everything in a blender,this may need to be done in batches as well.
- Set puree aside, i do not strain this i like all the texture and color, but im sure you could if you want.
- Warm chicken stock on stove top.
- Place sliced onion in pan with a small amount of olive oil to carmelize.
- Stir until golden and gooey, add garlic at the very end, so not to burn.
- In a large, heavy bottom soup pot, melt butter and add flour, making a roux, stir and cook until dark brown and aromatic about 10 minute.
- Wisk in the heated chicken stock, when that is mixed add the tomato puree heavy cream and basil.
- Warm slowly and finally add the carmelized onion and garlic.
- Garnish with the pecorino cheese, grated with large grader.