Dessert time! Have a wonderful dessert tray of various cookies and Fresh Pumpkin Pie.
Pumpkin Pie using fresh garden pumpkins. Best served barely warm, with freshly whipped cream on top of each serving. Use the remaining pumpkin purée in any recipe that calls for canned pumpkin.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 x 9 inch pie
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey, warmed slightly
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut pumpkin in half, and remove seeds.
- Lightly oil the cut surface.
- Place cut side down on a jelly roll pan lined with foil and lightly oiled.
- Bake at 325°F (165°C) until the flesh is tender when poked with a fork.
- Cool until just warm.
- Scrape the pumpkin flesh from the peel.
- Either mash, or purée in small batches in a blender.
- In large bowl, blend together 2 cups pumpkin purée, spices, and salt.
- Beat in eggs, honey, milk, and cream.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge of pie comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.