Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cashew nuts are one of the major crops of Mozambique. It would be quite appropriate to sprinkle cashew nuts on the pineapple or to pass a bowl of cashew nuts with the dessert or as a snack later in the evening.
- Peel 1 large ripe sweet pineapple.
- Cut in ½ inch slices and remove the core.
- Sugar each slice lightly on both sides.
- Place in a 2-quart glass or china bowl.
- Cover with ½ cup red port wine.
- Allow to stand for several hours.
- Turn the pineapple in the wine from time to time.
- Turn again just before serving on dessert dishes.
- Serve with spoons and forks.