This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager Estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 navel oranges chilled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ⅓ cup minced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel oranges and remove white pith.
- Over a bowl positioned to catch the juice separate segments of each orange from the membrane with a sharp knife and discard seeds.
- Squeeze residual juice from membranes into the bowl and reserve.
- Put pine nuts in small sauté pan and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes shaking pan occasionally until nuts are golden brown.
- Transfer pine nuts to a small bowl.
- Put shallots,garlic, vinegars and reserved orange juice into the sauté pan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat then stir in the black pepper.