Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager Estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 navel oranges chilled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ⅓ cup minced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel oranges and remove white pith.
- Over a bowl positioned to catch the juice separate segments of each orange from the membrane with a sharp knife and discard seeds.
- Squeeze residual juice from membranes into the bowl and reserve.
- Put pine nuts in small sauté pan and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes shaking pan occasionally until nuts are golden brown.
- Transfer pine nuts to a small bowl.
- Put shallots,garlic, vinegars and reserved orange juice into the sauté pan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat then stir in the black pepper.