Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Mushroom by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1½ pounds fresh mushrooms
- 8 scallions
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 quart fat-free no-added-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- Chop mushrooms and scallions into bite-sized pieces.
- Place mushrooms in non-stick Dutch oven and cook with red wine until tender. Add thyme, pepper, mustard, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add yogurt, stirring just to blend, and serve.