Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
DescriptionSmall, open-faced sandwiches, bruschette make perfect appetizers. They are delicious and quick and easy to make.
Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 24
- 1 long loaf crusty bread
- 3 medium ripe roma tomatoes
- 3 large fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- coarse salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut bread into ½" (4 cm) slices on the diagonal.
- Lightly toast bread in the oven on both sides.
- Cut tomatoes into ¼ inch (0.
- 75 cm) slices and place one on each slice of bread.
- Cut mozzarella balls into ¼ inch (0.
- 75 cm) slices and place on top of tomato.
- Chop basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- An optional re-toasting with toppings on will make the mozzarella melty and even more delicious.
- For more authentically Italian Bruschetta, rub roasted garlic cloves on the toasted bread slice.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top, for another delicious twist on this dish.