Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hall Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 ripe mango
- 4 slices pound cake
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In small saucepan combine orange juice, sugar and lemon peel then bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Peel and cube mangoes then stir diced mango into syrup and set aside.
- Cut cake slices in halves diagonally.
- On each plate place one cake triangle and top with one scoop of ice cream.
- Place second cake triangle on each plate leaning against the ice cream.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the mango sauce over ice cream and sprinkle with nuts.