This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hall Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 ripe mango
- 4 slices pound cake
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In small saucepan combine orange juice, sugar and lemon peel then bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Peel and cube mangoes then stir diced mango into syrup and set aside.
- Cut cake slices in halves diagonally.
- On each plate place one cake triangle and top with one scoop of ice cream.
- Place second cake triangle on each plate leaning against the ice cream.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the mango sauce over ice cream and sprinkle with nuts.