Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve with sourdough bread.
- 3½ deciliters onions — chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- ¾ deciliter dry white wine
- 3½ deciliters carrots — julienned
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2½ deciliters lentils — washed, uncooked
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons miso — mixed with ¾ deciliter water
- soy sauce, tamari — to taste
- carrot — grated for garnish
- green onions — chopped
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute onions with salt in oil until soft but not browned.
- Add wine, carrots, thyme, and marjoram, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook, covered, until lentils are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Before serving, remove pot from heat and stir in miso and, if needed, soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish with grated carrots and chopped green onions.