Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh figs with honey sauce. A delicious Belgian way of finishing a fine dish. Recipe below is easy !
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 pt fresh figs - (abt 8 to 12) stems trimmed, halved lengthwise
- In a small saucepan combine the honey and lemon juice and stir until blended.
- Lightly brush the cut sides of the figs with some of the honey mixture.
- Leave the remaining honey mixture in the pan.
- Grill figs, cut-side down, over Direct High heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Use a spatula to lift figs from the grate and transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- If the figs are large, cut them into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Add the figs to the remaining honey mixture in the saucepan.
- Heat gently over low heat.
- Serve over ice cream, yogurt, or angel food cake.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.