Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Put cornmeal, flour, 1 teaspoon salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl, and stir well to blend.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and water, and stir into dry ingredients, mixing just until well blended.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper over scallions, corn and okra, and fold vegetables into batter.
- Pour oil into a large skillet, and heat to 340°F.
- Scoop batter by about ¼ cupfuls into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, carefully turning to brown evenly and to cook through, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, and drain fritters on layers of paper towels.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, and serve hot or at room temperature.