Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is really yummy. Instead of the whole almonds, I used a little cinnamon in it instead, we have a tree full of apricots so it was a good recipe for using some of our own fruit before it goes bad.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 servings
Tart shell Edit
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, in bits
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp cold water
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- 2½ tbsp toasted whole natural almonds
- ½ cup apricot preserves stirred with ¼ tsp almond extract
- 8 small apricots, quartered
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, in bits
Tart shell Edit
- Pulse flour, confectioners sugar and salt in a food processor to mix.
- Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles small peas.
- Mix yolk, water and extract in a cup until blended.
- With processor running, pour yolk mixture through feed tube and process until dough forms a ball.
- Press dough into a rectangular tart pan with removable bottom.
- Prick bottom of shell with a fork.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line tart shell with nonstick foil, extending to cover edges.
- Fill with dried beans.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Pulse sugar and almonds in food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Spread preserves mixture on bottom a tart shell.
- Sprinkle with half the nut sugar mixture.
- Top with apricots, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with remaining nut sugar mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake 34 minutes or until crust is golden and apricots begin to brown around edges.
- To serve, remove pan sides.
- Cut crosswise in 10 slices.