Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 can of black olives
- 7 oz jar of kalmata (you have to remove the pits)
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp tomato paste *or* some soaked sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- fresh ground black pepper to taste *or* a red chili pepper
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Put everything into a food processor, except the olive oil.
- While you are blending it, pour in just enough oil to make it the consistency of a nice spread.
- Don't blend it too much... you should still be able to see chunks of in it.
- Eat this spread on a nice bread. It's so so so so good!