- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 8 thick slices French bread
- 4 – 6 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cream
- Beat cream, egg yolks and vanilla until blended.
- Beat egg whites and a dash of salt until frothy.
- Spread bread crumbs in a jelly roll pan.
- Dip bread slices in yolk mixture about 10 seconds on each side, then dip in egg whites and coat with bread crumbs.
- Sauté in butter until golden.
- Keep warm.
- Combine mango, sour cream, sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve over French toast.